In case this is your first time buying a home, I am going to list the steps to give you a snapshot of the process, so you know what to expect.
1. Create your search criteria: We discuss the type of home you are looking for and any specific details you want in your new home; i.e., waterfront, close to the beach, great school district, closely located to downtown, etc.
2. Determine your price range: If you are using a mortgage, than I will need a Pre-Approval Letter from your lender showing the purchase price, down payment amount, and type of mortgage for which you are qualified. If you are using cash, a proof of funds is required.
3. Begin your house hunt: I send you properties that match your criteria, so you can review them and choose the properties you want to visit. I schedule a showing of your favorite properties and we visit them to see which is right for you.
4. Make an offer: Once you find the right property, I will draft an offer and submit it to the seller's agent. We will negotiate the price and closing date.
5. Offer accepted and final steps: With an accepted offer, you give a down payment and we schedule a home inspection to make sure there is nothing wrong with the home. If something is found, I will ask the Seller to repair it or reduce the price of the home. You will need to get insurance for the home and choose a title insurance company. If you get a mortgage, your lender will order the appraisal and start underwriting your file after I send them the executed contract.
Every transaction is different, but I will be on your side through the entire process. Below is a fun video that reviews the process in more details.